APCO is member-built and member-driven organization. In order to serve our membership and work with them to improve the state of the public safety communications industry, we offer the following benefits.
- Committee Membership: Members can join one of APCO’s influential committees that shape our industry.
- Awards and Recognition: Designations and awards recognizing the industry’s top achievers for their hard work and dedication.
- Chapter Membership: Connects you with other members in your area. Included with APCO membership.
- Advocacy: Keeps you informed of developments on cutting edge issues, advocates for important regulations and legislation promoting emergency communications, and fosters awareness of public safety’s unique issues.
- Voting: Full APCO members vote annually on leadership and association-wide issues.
- Affinity Programs: APCO partners providing members with discounts include LegalShield (legal services / identity theft)
- PSC Magazine: APCO International’s bi-monthly print and digital magazine; the authoritative source of information on public safety communications worldwide. Online members receive only the electronic version.
- PSC eNews: Weekly electronic newsletter with industry updates and APCO news to keep you connected and up-to-date.
- Membership Minute: Members-only monthly email with updates and news about APCO and the industry.
- PSConnect: 24/7 access to a forum where you can share ideas and connect with your peers.
- APCO Institute: Real-world training with online, virtual classroom and in-person courses taught by the industry’s best. Members receive a discount.
- Webinars: Live and on-demand webinars on current issues. Members receive free or discounted access.
- Scholarships: Funds for APCO Institute courses, as well as the Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL) and Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) programs. Full and Associate Member only.
- Training Central: Stores all of your CDE and recertification information in one place for easy viewing and retrieval.
- Radio Frequency Management: Comprehensive radio frequency management for ECCs. Full members get a 10% discount.
- APCO Consulting Services: Unbiased, vendor-neutral, comprehensive professional review of an agency’s emergency communications needs and programs
- RETAINS Toolkit: Subscription service designed to help ECCs determine staffing needs, retention and employee satisfaction. Special pricing for APCO members.
- Project RETAINS Report: Survey-based study addressing understaffing and turnover within the field of emergency communications. Free to APCO members and those who purchase the RETAINS Toolkit 3.0.
- Career Services: Includes Executive Search, Resume Review and Career Center. Members get discounts on all services.
- APCO Annual Conference & Expo: The premier event for public safety communications officials. Members can receive up to $300 off full registration.
- Training Events: Intensive one and two-day events on emerging technologies, Next Generation 9-1-1, cybersecurity and more. Members receive a discount on most events.
Still Have Questions?
Complete the form below to get more information about APCO membership.