ADVOCACY ALERT: Ask Congress to Support the 9‑1‑1 SAVES Act
APCO is launching a grassroots advocacy campaign and needs your support.
Update: the 9-1-1 SAVES Act has now been re-introduced in both the House and Senate with bipartisan support. If enacted, this bipartisan legislation would require the Office of Management and Budget to categorize public safety telecommunicators as Protective Service Occupations (rather than administrative/clerical) in the Standard Occupational Classification. As part of APCO's ongoing efforts, we have re-launched our advocacy platform to facilitate a grassroots campaign to send letters to members of Congress seeking their support. Please TAKE ACTION and contact your Representative and Senators today, and encourage your colleagues to do so as well.
- APCO Congratulates the Recent Graduates of the Certified Public-Safety Executive ProgramAPCO International is pleased to announce new individuals who have earned the Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) designation following completion of the culminating course, a two-week capstone seminar. ... Continue
- APCO International Announces 2021 Award WinnersAPCO International is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 Public Safety Communications Awards and Technology Leadership Awards. ... Continue
- APCO Announces Final Approval of Two National StandardsAPCO International received final approval from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on April 8, 2021, for two American National Standards (ANS) ... Continue
- Managing TraumaWhat is a traumatic event? For telecommunicators, traumatic events can be anything. While not every call we take is traumatic, the cumulative toll of the ... Continue
- Plano Public Safety Communications Training Academy Receives APCO Agency Training Program CertificationAlexandria, VA – Plano Public Safety Communications Training Academy, TX, has received Agency Training Program Certification, a Project 33® Initiative, from the Association of Public-Safety ... Continue
More APCO News