If You Are Currently Experiencing a Cyberattack
- Contact your local authorities
- Contact your vendors (phone company, CAD, Records, etc.)
- Implement your cyber response plan.
- Contact the Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (DHS CISA) at 703-235-5080 or [email protected]
- File a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime and Complaint Center (IC3) at ic3.gov. Include keywords “PSAP, Public Safety” in the description of the incident
- clude keywords “PSAP, Public Safety” in the description of the incident
- Contact APCO at [email protected] (Note: this e-mail address is not monitored 24/7)
Take a Cybersecurity Course Designed for the Emergency Communications Industry
This online course is designed specifically for the emergency communications industry. Topics covered include the anatomy of a cyberattack, signs of an ongoing cyberattack and mitigation techniques. You will also learn how to prepare for and respond to cyberattacks, and the type of data that should be protected for post-attack forensic work.
CISA Creates Webpage for Shields Up
As the nation’s cyber defense agency, CISA stands ready to help organizations prepare for, respond to, and mitigate the impact of cyberattacks. CISA’s Shields Up campaign webpage provides recommendations, products, and resources to increase organizational vigilance and keep stakeholders informed about cybersecurity threats and destructive exploits against critical infrastructure.
Every organization—large and small—should adopt a heightened posture when it comes to cybersecurity and protect their most critical assets against disruptive cyber incidents. CISA also encourages our stakeholders to voluntarily share information about cyber-related events that could help mitigate current or emerging cybersecurity threats to critical infrastructure.”
Latest Cybersecurity News
The threats we face — digital and physical, man-made, technological, and natural — are more complex, and the threat actors more diverse, than at any point in our history. The CISA news feed summarizes the latest news, multimedia, and other important communications from CISA.