Committee Objectives and Purpose
The Commercial Advisory Council (CAC) of APCO:
- Provides guidance and support to APCO leadership and staff from the Commercial member perspective
- Supports the Corporate Partnership Program
- Supports chapter enhancement initiatives
- Promotes commercial membership among peers and non-member exhibitors at the annual conference and chapter/regional conferences
Committees within the CAC work on issues such as:
- Improving conference and exhibit opportunities in APCO
- Engaging and supporting of Chapter Commercial Advisory Members (CCAMs)
- Providing Commercial membership perspectives to other APCO initiatives
The council’s 12 to 24 Commercial Members represent manufacturers, equipment suppliers, service providers and consultants in the public safety communications marketplace. Members are elected to a four-year term and can serve no more than two elected four-year terms. Open positions are filled annually through a nomination process and elections.
The CAC meets monthly by conference call and twice annually in-person, typically once in February and once during the APCO Annual Conference in August.