Learn to Manage
APCO International’s Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL) Program is designed for individuals interested in developing a solid foundation of management and supervisory skills necessary for successful PSAP operations.
During the RPL Program, you will learn to:
- Manage organizations and change
- Communicate with confidence and clarity
- Develop your talent pool
- Build connections and consensus
- Enhance team performance
- Make a difference within our association and our industry
- Apply the skills sets learned for the betterment of our association and our industry
How It Works
Focus on aspects of managing and supervising that are vital to lead successful teams during the online RPL Program. In addition to the online studies, enhance your analytical thinking and time management skills by dedicating your attention to a project that serves the public safety industry at a regional, state or national level. This project will be ongoing for all six courses, ultimately completed over the twelve months and submitted in the final course. See the RPL Service Project Guidelines and Requirements. Annual recognition of those successful RPL Graduates between May 1 of the previous year and graduating before April 30 of the current year will be at APCO’s Annual Conference in August.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- An APCO International member in good standing with a demonstrated record of service to our association and our industry
- Willing and able to commit to completing and critiquing the program requirement
- Dedicated to accepting the challenge of ongoing professional development and service for the betterment of public safety communications
CDEs Earned: 128
|Online||Six instructor-led online courses,
from 6 to 10 weeks in duration.
(includes $50 distance learning fee)
Registered Public-Safety Leaders are required to recertify every four years. Complete recertification information is provided during the program.
Benefits of Becoming a Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL)
Registered Public-Safety Leader graduates receive:
- The professional designation “Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL)”
- A certificate of acceptance into the APCO Institute Registry of Public-Safety Leaders.
- Recognition throughout the public safety communications industry as a professional with the skills, vision, motivation and commitment to lead our industry to greatness
- Consideration for enrollment in APCO’s Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) Program.
RPL Schedule & Application
- January 2024
- February 2024
- March 2024
- April 2024
- May 2024
- June 2024