Read, review and comment on candidate industry standards.
As an ANSI-Accredited Standards Development Organization, APCO maintains an openness in our standards development process that allows anyone to participate. The standards development that APCO adheres to uses due process through consensus-based, open and balanced procedures. There is a 45-day period when a draft candidate standard is open for public review and comment. Any person (e.g., organization, company, government agency, individual, etc.) with a direct and material interest has a right to participate by:
- Expressing a position and its basis
- Having that position considered, and
- Having the right to appeal.
All comments will be addressed by the standards working group.
Standards Currently Available for Public Review & Comment
How to Comment
When there are candidate standards, you will see a form below that you can use to comment on them.
You may also submit comments to [email protected]. Please ensure that you include the below information related to your comment(s) if submitting directly to the APCO Standards email address:
First and last name
Name of candidate standard
Please continue to check this page for further updates. If you are aware of any current standards activities that may impact public safety communications, please email information to [email protected].
Resources and References
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies organized to promote the development of standardization and related activities in the world.
- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA)
- Homeland Security’s SAFECOM – Technology Solutions & Standards
- Project MESA: Mobility for Emergency and Safety Applications
- ATIS/ESIF: Emergency Services Interconnection Forum
- Need help explaining the value of standardization?