Industry-Leading Training Developed by Industry Leaders
The APCO Institute is overseen, managed and operated by industry experts with years of experience. Through our members, we stay current with industry issues and standards. Their needs and concerns drive the activity of APCO Institute.
New APCO Course: Learn the Fundamentals of NG9-1-1
October 31 – November 1 | In-person at APCO Headquarters in Daytona Beach, FL | Worth 16 CDEs
APCO’s newest course, “Fundamentals of Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1),” explores how next-generation technologies enhance ECC operations by addressing key concepts including interoperability, reliability, redundancy and cybersecurity. It’s a vital resource for ECC leadership, technology planners and those preparing for the future of public safety communications. Register now to delve into NG9-1-1 and its transformative potential in emergency communication.
Rise Above the Rest With a CPE Designation
Are you ready for a professional development program like none other? Gain the expertise and knowledge you need to stand out in emergency communications leadership. APCO’s Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) Program is designed to help you develop and improve the necessary skills required to successfully lead public safety agencies now and into the future. We are currently seeking leaders for CPE Class 16, which starts in January 2024. Apply by October 15.
Cybersecurity Training Two-Part Series: Fundamentals and Intermediate Principles
This fall, you have the opportunity to attend the most comprehensive cybersecurity training – a specialized two-course training series created for the unique cybersecurity challenges associated with emergency communications centers. The courses are in-person in Daytona Beach, Florida, at APCO headquarters.
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals for the ECC
October 24 | 8 CDEs
- Intermediate Cybersecurity Principles for the ECC
October 25-26 | 16 CDEs
Get Certified to Teach APCO Courses at Your Agency
Are you knowledgeable and have a passion for teaching others in your agency? APCO’s Agency Instructor courses provide the certification to teach these disciplines: Public Safety Telecommunicator, Communications Training Officer, Emergency Medical Dispatcher and more.
3 Reasons to Take Courses From the APCO Institute
- As part of APCO International, the APCO Institute is uniquely positioned to offer highly specialized training and resources on foundational, current and emerging topics that public safety telecommunications professionals need to know.
- APCO’s leadership role in public safety communications worldwide means that our training programs and resources reflect the pressing issues that affect emergency communications centers (ECCs) of all sizes and that they meet the needs of our more than 36,000 members.
- As a non-profit entity, the Institute offers exceptional and affordable training opportunities to public safety agencies and practitioners, regardless of their financial resources.
Find a Course
Search and filter by name, delivery type and topic.
Contact the Institute
Got a question? We are here for you!
Manage Your Training Records Online
APCO’s Training Central is an online resource that stores all of your CDE and recertification information in one place for easy viewing and retrieval.