Illuminations CDE Programs
The EMD Illuminations Program provides at-your-desk continuing education for telecommunicators and other public safety communications professionals. The program is offered as an annual subscription-based service.
Each month, EMD Illuminations instructors present timely, relevant topics that can be accessed online, anytime during the month, from any computer with Internet access. Although topics offered are medical in nature, participants do not need to be certified as emergency medical dispatchers to enroll in EMD Illuminations. APCO also offers General Illuminations, CTO Illuminations and Instructor Illuminations, each of which features a different set of dispatch education topics.
Each month-long course allows participants to earn one CDE, for a total of 12 CDEs per subscription year. Participants must submit copies of Illuminations certificates to the Institute of completion to receive CDEs.
EMD Illuminations Topics for 2018
Topics are subject to change.
- LVAD devices
- Compassion with the guidecards
- Medications: what are some and what do they mean to the EMD
- Dry drowning
- Chemical suicide
- Leave your experience at the door – training EMD to someone that has field experience as an EMT/Paramedic
- Symptom recognition: finding the right guidecard
- Weird circumstances: Maintaining professional neutrality
- Neurological issues
- Gastro-intestinal distress
- Muscular-skeletal system
- Auto accident traumas
- Go to the EMD Illuminations registration page, where you will see a list of topics by date.
- Select the topic and month for the version of EMD Illuminations you want to take
- Click Register next to that topic and month.
- Follow the instructions to complete registration for this track.
You will be subscribed to EMD Illuminations for 12 months starting with the month and topic you selected.