Standards Activities in Progress
The following standards are currently in development:
Operational Candidate ANS
- Public Safety Telecommunicator Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) Program
- Public Safety Communications Center Key Performance Indicators
- Key Performance Indicators for Public Safety Communications Personnel
Technical Candidate ANS
- Advanced Automatic Collision Notification (AACN) Data Set
Training Candidate ANS
- Cybersecurity Training for Public Safety Communications Personnel
- Crisis Intervention Techniques and Call Handling Procedures for Public Safety Telecommunicators
- Detecting Early Warning Symptoms of Stress in Public Safety Telecommunicators
Revisions to Current APCO ANS Standards
- APCO/TMA American National Standard (ANS) for Alarm Monitoring Company to Emergency Communications Center (ECC) CAD Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP)
- Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Manager/Director
- Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Technician (CAD, Radio, GIS)
- Public Safety Communications Common Incident Types for Data Exchange
- Wireless Deployment and Management Effective Practices
- Best Practices for the Use of Social Media in Public Safety Communications
- PSAP Service Capability Rating Scale - REVISION
See draft candidate standards published for review and comment at Call to Action: Public Review and Comment
Public safety communications professionals interested in participating in APCO International's standards development activities, please complete the Standards Development Committee Application form or contact APCO International's Comm Center & 9-1-1 Services Department at [email protected] or call (888) APCO-911, ext. 2494.
Note: Please resubmit any comments emailed to [email protected] if you do not receive a response the comments were recorded.
Please check this page regularly for updates.