Licensing Services Forms
Termination Pending – Pleading
If your agency did not submit a buildout notification to the Federal Communications Commission by the deadline shown on the license, the FCC will eventually send your agency a notice that the license, or part of the license, has been placed in a Termination Pending status. The FCC will also generate a Public Notice showing that your license has been placed into termination pending status for failure to satisfy the buildout/construction requirement by the deadline date. You will then have 30 days from the date of that Public Notice to bring the license back to an active status by filing a petition for reconsideration (PFR)."
If a petition for reconsideration is not submitted to the FCC, the license will be terminated. APCO can submit a petition for reconsideration to the FCC for your agency. Please complete the following form, attach the letter for the FCC, and submit to APCO.
The petition for reconsideration letter for the FCC must be on agency letterhead, dated and signed. Address the letter to the Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC 20554. The subject should include the licensee name, state, call sign and “Petition for Reconsideration”. The content of the letter must include the following:
- A statement that your agency is requesting a petition for reconsideration because your buildout notification was not submitted to the FCC by the deadline
- The reason why the buildout notification was not submitted before the deadline date
- How the system is used and for what purpose
- The actual date the frequencies/sites were fully operational (The date cannot be before the “first use (grant)” date or after the “buildout deadline” date shown on the license in the FCC’s ULS system.)
- Request that the Commission return the license to active status
The fee for the APCO Licensing Service to prepare and submit a pleading to the FCC, with regards to buildout status, can be found in our Licensing Fee Schedule. If your agency requires a fee quote, enter your information in the comments field.