APCO supports agencies grappling with the industry's toughest issues by:
- Delivering information about critical issues such as wireless 9-1-1, staffing and retention, and the impact of emerging technologies
- Engaging in the latest research to find common solutions
- Offering services to help organizations build and assess their capabilities
- Developing standards and effective practices
- Participating in numerous committees, partnerships and government initiatives
- APCO Project RETAINS Toolkit & Effective Practices Guide
Assists communications center managers, HR personnel, police and fire chiefs, and others in addressing the challenges of hiring and retaining qualified personnel for the vitally important position that is the person behind the number 9-1-1.
- NJTI Telecommunicator Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT)
A partnership between APCO and NENA that has worked to develop the many facets of a TERT program and to help states develop who do not yet have an active TERT program.
APCO offers resources on a wide array of topics, including:
- 9-1-1 Public Outreach
- Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) & Vehicular Emergency Data Set (VEDS)
- Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP)
- Computer Assisted Dispatch: Unified CAD Project (UCADS)
- Human Resources for Professional Communications (ProCHRT)
- Next Generation Communications Systems
- Public Safety Apps
- Spectrum Management
- Wireless Deployment
ADDITIONAL CC9-1-1 SUPPORT
APCO also supports public safety communications agencies and organizations through:
As an American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-accredited Standards Developer (ASD), APCO International is dedicated to ensuring public safety communications has a role in the development of standards that affect our industry.
P33 Training Program Certification
The APCO Project 33 Agency Training Program Certification is a formal mechanism for public safety agencies to certify their training programs as meeting APCO American National Standards (ANS).
Public Safety Communications Representation
APCO is the industry's voice within various organizations and branches of government including FCC, DHS, NENA, NIST, ATIS/ESIF, IJIS Institute, CSAA, CALEA, NFPA, ANSI Standards Panels and more.
APCO takes an active role in numerous programs and partnerships with other industry organizations.
- Automated Secure Alarm Protocol Assistance (ASAP)
- National Joint TERT Initiative
- Unified CAD Functional Requirements Project
- Occupational and Process Analysis Workshops