Dispatch and emergency communications professionals face serious health risks. Common themes include traumatic stress, compassion fatigue, burnout, cardiovascular disease, obesity, vicarious trauma, and others. These often-overlooked professionals experience critical incident stress like many of their public safety colleagues. However, they do not always have the same tools needed to deal with what they witness from their end of the phone line. That’s why it’s critical to use the digital world and identify tools and resources for these professionals to have available wherever they are, whenever they need it. In this panel presentation, we will provide examples of dispatch and emergency communications professional distress and discuss two applications available in the FirstNet Catalog to help address some of these common risk factors.
- Anna Courie, Director, Responder Wellness, FirstNet, built with AT&T
- Margie Moulin, Director, Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon
- Jason Biermann, Director, Emergency Management Snohomish County, WA;
- Joe Ramirez, Executive Director, Lighthouse Health and Wellness;
- Rhonda Kelley, Executive Director, All Clear Foundation
Cost: Free for members, $59 for non-members