Prerequisites: Must have completed a formal, basic instructor-led 40-hour telecommunicator course and CTO program (or have a working knowledge of: APCO ANS 18.104.22.1685 and APCO ANS 3.104.2-2017). If not APCO certified, must provide a signed letter on agency letterhead stating the pre-requisites have been met.
The APCO Institute Communications Center Supervisor course provides supervisory training designed specifically for Comm Center Supervisors and candidates moving into supervisory roles. Perhaps the greatest challenge in preparing supervisors is helping them develop a new point of view that relates the work in front of them to a wider perspective of how their work fits together with the work of everybody else in the agency to move the mission forward.
Students should have access to their agency’s policies and procedures as a resource to use in class.
Must have working knowledge of the below standards:
- APCO ANS 22.214.171.1245 – Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Telecommunicators
- APCO ANS 3.104.2-2017 – Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Training Coordinator
- The Role of the Communications Center Supervisor
- The Evolution of the Supervisory Mindset
- Skills for Supervisory Success
- The Supervisor as Leader
- The Supervisor as Management
- Communicating as a Supervisor
Classroom instruction is supplemented by practical exercises that help students apply the lessons to their own agency policies and procedures. Students not only learn supervisory topics, but also learn how to work together in groups and cooperate to attain common goals.
CDEs Earned: 24
Beginning with the new CCS 5, APCO certified CCSs must provide proof every two years of 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE). Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Communications Center Supervisor 5th Ed., Version 1 course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education.
|Contract||3 days||Contact us for pricing||Contact us for pricing|
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.