Commercial Advisory Council (CAC) Nominations
The Commercial Advisory Council (CAC) of APCO is commencing its annual Call for Council Membership Nominations. The objectives and purpose of the CAC include:
- Providing guidance and support to APCO leadership and staff from the Commercial member perspective;
- Supporting the Corporate Partnership Program;
- Supporting chapter enhancement initiatives; and
- Promoting commercial membership among peers and non-member exhibitors at the annual conference and chapter/regional conferences.
The CAC is composed of between 12 and 24 Commercial members of APCO who represent the diverse interests of the manufacturers, equipment suppliers, service providers and consultants in the public safety communications marketplace. Service on the CAC is a 4-year term and each year nominations and elections are held to fill open positions. This past year CAC voted in term limits. CAC members are now limited to two elected four-year terms. (See current CAC members.)
The CAC conducts its business through a series of monthly conference call meetings, a combination of in-person/conference call meeting (typically in February), and an in-person meeting during the APCO Annual Conference in August. Committees within the CAC work on a variety of target issues such as continual improvement of the conference and exhibit opportunities in APCO, engagement and support of Chapter Commercial Advisory Members (CCAMs), and the providing of Commercial membership perspectives to other APCO initiatives.
If you are a motivated and engaged Commercial member of APCO and would like to help make the Association even better, we encourage you to become involved in the CAC. Nominations will be accepted through May 31, 2018. The Nominations Committee will review the background, industry segment and geographical area of the nominees and then recommend a slate of nominees to the CAC by July 1, 2018.
Nominations need to include the following information:
- Your name and contact information (phone, email, and USPS mail address)
- The name of your company AND the name of any parent company. CAC rules provide that only one member of any company or subsidiary may serve on the CAC at any given time. If someone from your company is already a CAC member (see current CAC members), please coordinate with them to determine if their term is expiring before submitting a nomination.
- Your APCO membership number and the APCO chapter(s) in which membership is held.
- A general description of your interest in serving on the CAC and how your participation would help broaden or strengthen the CAC.
- A brief letter from your local chapter(s) recommending you for service on the CAC.
Nominations will be accepted through May 31, 2018, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Julie Heimkes, 2018 CAC Nominations Committee Chair