Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL)
Learn the management skills you need to lead.
APCO International’s Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL) Program is designed for individuals interested in developing a solid foundation of management and supervisory skills necessary for successful PSAP operations.
The first five of the six online RPL courses focus on aspects of managing and supervising that are vital to leading successful teams. The sixth course provides the opportunity for RPL candidates to put their knowledge and skills to use in a service project that benefits our industry. During the program, you’ll learn how to:
- Manage Organizations and Change
Provide direction, lead by example, enable others, share power and seek a better way.
- Communicate with Confidence and Clarity
Write and speak in a way that motivates and inspires others.
- Develop Your Talent Pool
Attract and retain great talent to your organization with training and feedback for growth.
- Build Connections and Consensus
Use interpersonal and negotiation skills that lead to positive outcomes for everyone involved.
- Enhance Team Performance
Foster teamwork and collaboration within your organization and with virtual teams anywhere.
- Make a Difference Within Our Association and Our Industry
Develop a broad knowledge of our industry and our association to better face future challenges.
- Apply the Skills Sets Learned for the Betterment of Our Association and Our Industry
Complete industry-specific course assignments that culminate in a state, regional or national service project.
Registered Public-Safety Leader Graduates Receive:
- The granting of the professional designation “Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL)”
- A certificate of acceptance into the APCO Institute Registry of Public-Safety Leaders.
- Recognition throughout the public safety communications industry as a professional with the skills, vision, motivation and commitment to lead our industry to greatness
- Consideration for enrollment in APCO’s Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) Program.
The 2020 RPL sessions will begin:
- January 15, 2020 (Full)
- March 18, 2020
- April 15, 2020 (Full)
- June 17, 2020
- October 21, 2020
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- An APCO International member in good standing with a demonstrated record of service to our association and our industry.
- Willing and able to commit to completing and critiquing the program requirement.
- Dedicated to accepting the challenge of ongoing professional development and service for the betterment of public safety communications.
Registered Public-Safety Leaders are required to recertify every 4 years. Complete recertification information is provided during the program.
CDEs Earned: 128
|APCO Institute Online||Offered Quarterly||$995 (includes $50 distance learning fee)|