Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL)
Learn the management skills you need to lead.
APCO International’s Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL) Program is designed for individuals interested in developing a solid foundation of management and supervisory skills necessary for successful PSAP operations.
Through a series of online courses offered by APCO Institute – in cooperation with Flexstudy.com, the American Management Association’s e-learning provider, you’ll learn how to:
- Communicate with Authority
Write and speak in a way that motivates and inspires others.
- Build and Manage High-Performance Teams
Get people to work together for the common good.
- Break Down the Barriers to Solid Interpersonal Negotiations
Employ a negotiation framework that encourages a positive outcome for both parties.
- Enhance Team Performance
Provide team members with the realistic assessment of performance that is critical to motivation and morale.
- Lead with Confidence
Provide direction, lead by example, enable others, share power and seek a better way.
- Make a Difference Within Our Association and Our Industry
Develop a broad knowledge of our industry and our association to better face future challenges.
- Apply the Skills Sets Learned for the Betterment of Our Association and Our Industry
Complete industry-specific course assignments that culminate in a state, regional or national service project.
Registered Public-Safety Leader Graduates Receive:
- The granting of the professional designation “Registered Public-Safety Leader (RPL)”
- A certificate of acceptance into the APCO Institute Registry of Public-Safety Leaders.
- A certificate of completion of a leadership course of study from the American Management Association
- Recognition throughout the public safety communications industry as a professional with the skills, vision, motivation and commitment to lead our industry to greatness
- Consideration for enrollment in APCO’s Certified Public-Safety Executive (CPE) Program.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- APCO International member in good standing (active, member and commercial categories) with a demonstrated record of service to our association and our industry.
- Willing and able to commit to completing and critiquing the program requirement.
- Dedicated to accepting the challenge of ongoing professional development and service for the betterment of public safety communications.
Tuition for the RPL Program is $995.
CDEs Earned: 128
For more information, contact the APCO Institute at 888-272-6911.
RPL Program Schedule
2018 classes start on:
- January 17, 2018
- April 18, 2018
- June 20, 2018
- October 17, 2018