IEPD and XML Schema
APCO develops numerous standards designed to foster interoperability at technical and operational levels. In addition to ANSI Standards, APCO has developed several Information Exchange Package Documents (IEPDs). These serve as management “frameworks” for XML schemas used by public safety to communicate in a common manner and are often included in standards as a reference to a technical registry or “control” agent. The use of IEPD’s and XML schemas ensures that APCO technical standards can be implemented in uniform fashion, across multiple agencies.
Developed using GJXDM 3.0.3:
- Computer Aided Dispatch to Records Management Data Transfer
- CAD Detailed Call for Service Information
- CAD External Alert
- CAD Resource Request
- CAD Unit Status Update Request
- CAD Resource Availability Query
- CAD Summary Call for Service Information
- CAD Unit Status Update*
- Records Management System Query*
- Records Management System Summary Response*
* developed in partnership with the Integrated Justice Information Systems (IJIS) Institute.
IEPDs developed using the NIEM 2.0 data model are available to download from the National Information Sharing Standards Help Desk.