APCO Cybersecurity Resources
- Important Information From the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Concerning Business Email Compromise (BEC) Scheme
March 13, 2019 - Business email compromise (BEC) is a scheme in which cybercriminals send out targeted email messages to personnel with finance or resource roles within an organization in order to trick them into transferring funds to the cybercriminals.
- Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community
On January 31, 2019, the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS- ISAC) released the Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC)that provides an overview of the national security threats facing the United States.
- DNS Hijacking Notice Update - 1/25/19
On January 16, 2019, APCO distributed information about a known Domain Name Server (DNS) hijacking campaign. The specific indicators of compromise (IOCs) associated with this threat have now been released.
- Top 5 Cyber-Defense Practices for 9-1-1
- Cybersecurity Attacks: Detection and Mitigation
- An Introduction to Cybersecurity
PSAP Specific Activity
- IT expert: County servers were hacked by crypto miners
October 10, 2018
- Port of San Diego victim of cyberattack
September 26, 2018
- After Computer Virus, West Tisbury Town Hall Scrubs
September 22, 2018
- Virus Shuts Down City Services
September 18, 2018