APCO Cybersecurity Resources
- CISA Insights – Ransomware Outbreak
In light of the recent increasing rate of ransomware attacks on local governments, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) has created a document titled, “CISA Insights: Ransomware Outbreak.” APCO encourages all members to read the document and take the appropriate protective measures.
- DHS - CISA Statement on Iranian Cybersecurity Threat
In response to reports of an increase in cybersecurity threats, the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Director Christopher C. Krebs issued a statement on Saturday, June 22, 2019. APCO encourages all members to view that statement here and take appropriate protective measures.
- Important Information From the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Concerning Business Email Compromise (BEC) Scheme
March 13, 2019 - Business email compromise (BEC) is a scheme in which cybercriminals send out targeted email messages to personnel with finance or resource roles within an organization in order to trick them into transferring funds to the cybercriminals.
- Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community
On January 31, 2019, the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS- ISAC) released the Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC)that provides an overview of the national security threats facing the United States.
- DNS Hijacking Notice Update - 1/25/19
On January 16, 2019, APCO distributed information about a known Domain Name Server (DNS) hijacking campaign. The specific indicators of compromise (IOCs) associated with this threat have now been released.
- Top 5 Cyber-Defense Practices for 9-1-1
- Cybersecurity Attacks: Detection and Mitigation
- An Introduction to Cybersecurity
PSAP Specific Activity
- The Growing Threat of Targeted Ransomware
- What to Consider When Developing a Cybersecurity Strategy
- Failures in Cybersecurity Fundamentals Still Primary Cause of Compromise: Report
- IT expert: County servers were hacked by crypto miners
October 10, 2018