Federal Cybersecurity Resources
Department of Homeland Security
The Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign is a national public awareness campaign aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering the American public to be safer and more secure online.
- National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)
The NCCIC shares information among the public and private sectors to provide greater understanding of cybersecurity and communications situation awareness of vulnerabilities, intrusions, incidents, mitigation, and recovery actions.
- National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD)
NPPD leads the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation’s physical and cyber infrastructure.
- In October 2018, National Cybersecurity Awareness Month commemorated its 15th year as an annual initiative to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. NCSAM 2018 is a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online, while increasing the resiliency of the Nation during cyber-threats. DHS is the federal, national lead for NCSAM. DHS also co-leads NCSAM with the National Cyber Security Alliance.
- National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS)
In 2011, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) replaced the color-coded alerts of the Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS) with the National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS), designed to more effectively communicate information about terrorist threats by providing timely, detailed information to the American public.
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT)
US-CERT offers mailing lists and feeds for a variety of products including the National Cyber Awareness System and Current Activity updates. The National Cyber Awareness System was created to ensure that you have access to timely information about security topics and threats.
NCCIC / NCC Current Updates
- ICS-CERT Advisory: Cisco ASA and FWSM Security Advisories September 2018
- Strategy for Protecting and Preparing the Homeland Against Threats of EMP and GMD October 2018
- Joint Report on Publicly Available Hacking Tools October 2018
- Indicators of Compromise for Malware use by APT 28 October 2018
- How Safe Is Your Wi-Fi Router? October 2018
- FCC’s Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau Requests Comment on Implementation of CSRIC III Cybersecurity Best Practices
- APCO Comments
September 26, 2014
- APCO Comments
The Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council’s (CSRIC) mission is to provide recommendations to the FCC to ensure, among other things, optimal security and reliability of communications systems, including telecommunications, media, and public safety.
Cybersecurity Information Sharing
Secure Hardware and Software – Security by Design
- Task Force on Optimal Public Safety Answering Point Architecture (TFOPA)
Latest Federal Legislative Activities
- Anti-Swatting Act of 2018
House Homeland Security Committee, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
June, 5, 2018
- Defense Authorization Act of 2018
Enacted Legislation (113th Congress)
- Border Patrol Agent Pay Reform Act of 2014 (S. 1691)
- Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2014 (S. 1353)
- National Cybersecurity Protection Act of 2014 (S. 2519)
- Cybersecurity Workforce Assessment Act (H.R.2952)
- Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (S. 2521)
DOJ / FBI
- Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section
- What We Investigate: Cyber Crime
- Cyber Fact Sheet
- https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyberKey Priorities
- Cyber Threats & Scams
- NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
National Institute of Standards and Technology