CDE Articles & Tests
Earn free CDEs with PSC magazine.
The APCO Institute offers online access to our continuing dispatch education (CDE) articles, two of which appear in each issue of APCO's bi-monthly magazine Public Safety Communications. Unless indicated otherwise, each article and exam is worth one CEU.
Please note: Dated materials or information are current, applicable and relevant only as of the date of their issue and should not be relied upon as being current after that date. Nor is any of this information intended to serve as agency guidelines. As always, APCO advises you to follow your agency’s policies and procedures.
The following titles are currently available:
- CDE #54571 Utility Failure
- CDE #54570 Coping With a 9-1-1 Outage
- CDE #54569 Cultural Impact of COVID-19
- CDE #54568 Muddy Footprints All Over Your Network
- CDE #54567 Maximizing Your ROI by Attending APCO's Conference
- CDE #54565 Engaging at APCO 2020
- CDE #54565 High Performance
- CDE #54564 What You Can Do for Your Association
- CDE #54563 Promotions Without Degrees
- CDE #54562 The Resilient Telecommunicator
- CDE #54561 Transition to NG9-1-1
- CDE #54560 EMD Standards
- CDE #51402 Agency Training Program Certification
- CDE #51401 When Normal is Not an Option
- CDE #51400 Automated Secure Alarm Protocol Standard
- CDE #51399 Why Cybersecurity Matters
- CDE #51398 Health of a Telecommunicator
- CDE #51397 Emergency Medical Services
- CDE #51396 Names That Changed Laws
- CDE #51395 Using Standards to Establish Policies
- CDE #51394 Where's the Caller
- CDE #51393 Standards Development Process
- CDE #51392 Guidecard Software
- CDE #51391 Location Accuracy
Certificates of Completion and Using CDE Articles for Recertification
To receive a complimentary certificate of completion, you may take the CDE quiz online. Go to http://apco.remote-learner.net/login/index.php to create your username and password. Enter “article” in the search box, and click on “Public Safety Communications (PSC) Magazine Article Quizzes,” then click on ”enroll me” and choose the name of the CDE to begin the quiz. Upon successful completion of the quiz a certificate of achievement will be available for download/printing.
Using the CDE Articles for credit toward APCO recertification(s)
Each CDE article is equal to one credit hour of continuing education
- Study the CDE article in this issue.
- Answer the test questions online or on the quiz page from the magazine article. (Photocopies are not required.)
- List the CDE article information on the Continuing Education Reporting form included with your recertification documents, when you submit for renewal.
If you would like to use the CDE articles for anything other than APCO recertifications and need a printed copy of the certificate:
- Answer the test questions. Photocopies are acceptable, but please don’t enlarge them.
- Fill out the ordering information below and mail to:APCO Institute
351 N. Williamson Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Payment of $15
Questions? Call us at 1-888-APCO-9-1-1. (1-888-272-6911)