With its unique expertise in public safety communications, APCO plays a major leadership role in supporting the development of a diverse, practitioner-driven public safety app ecosystem fostered through the collaborative efforts of public safety professionals and app developers. In April 2013, APCO launched the Application Community at www.AppComm.org. AppComm serves as the single, trusted resource for applications related to public safety and emergency response.
- APCO Comments: 911 Applications for Smartphones (RM-11780)
February 2, 2017
- APCO Convenes Experts to Advance Security of Public Safety Apps
June 4, 2015
- APCO Releases Fact Sheet and White Paper on Mobile Apps and 9-1-1
April 27, 2015
- APCO Holds Workshop to Identify Initial Public Safety Security Requirements for Mobile Apps
February 25, 2014
APCO hosted a workshop to establish initial security requirements for public safety apps in cooperation with FirstNet and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- APCO Enters Into Memorandum of Understanding with FirstNet Regarding Mobile Apps
August 21, 2013
Memorandum of Understanding between APCO and FirstNet to collaborate on mobile apps.
- APCO Identifies Key Attributes of Effective Apps for Public Safety and Emergency Response
- APCO Launches Application Community (AppComm) Website