In the rapidly-developing field of mobile apps designed for public safety and emergency response, APCO seeks to to ensure these tools are as safe and effective as possible. As Next Generation 9-1-1 networks emerge, AppComm is being reoriented to focus on 911-specific mobile apps. With its unique expertise in public safety communications, APCO intends to continue its leadership role in supporting the development of a diverse, practitioner-driven public safety app ecosystem fostered through the collaborative efforts of public safety professionals and app developers. Stay tuned for additional information.
- APCO Comments: 911 Applications for Smartphones (RM-11780)
February 2, 2017
- APCO Convenes Experts to Advance Security of Public Safety Apps
June 4, 2015
- APCO Releases Fact Sheet and White Paper on Mobile Apps and 9-1-1
April 27, 2015
- APCO Holds Workshop to Identify Initial Public Safety Security Requirements for Mobile Apps
February 25, 2014
APCO hosted a workshop to establish initial security requirements for public safety apps in cooperation with FirstNet and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- APCO Enters Into Memorandum of Understanding with FirstNet Regarding Mobile Apps
August 21, 2013
Memorandum of Understanding between APCO and FirstNet to collaborate on mobile apps.
- APCO Identifies Key Attributes of Effective Apps for Public Safety and Emergency Response
- APCO Launches Application Community (AppComm) Website