Alexandria, VA – The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International is seeking volunteers to serve on the National Joint TERT Initiative, LLC (NJTI) – Telecommunicator Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT) Committee. NJTI, LLC is a partnership between APCO and the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) to support the TERT program.
APCO invites diverse participants who desire to support the TERT Initiative to apply. Familiarity and experience in working with TERT programs are preferred but not required. Membership with either APCO or NENA is required to serve on this committee.
Volunteers on the NJTI–TERT Committee will assist with the important work to:
- Promote TERT nationally, including website and social media content.
- Strengthen our connections and partnerships.
- Update TERT training as necessary.
- Interface with FEMA Emergency Management Institute for hosting TERT training, specifically IS-144 (TERT Basic Awareness), IS-1200 (TERT Team Leader), and any additional NJTI training.
- Advise the NJTI, LLC co-managers on policy matters.
- Assist state coordinators with developing and maintaining initiatives in their state.
- Provide remote situational awareness support during TERT deployments.
- All other duties necessary to fulfill the goals of NJTI in supporting ECCs during disasters.
APCO International® (www.apcointl.org)
APCO International is the world’s oldest and largest organization of public safety communications professionals and supports the largest U.S. membership base of any public safety association. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide – and the welfare of the general public – by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach.