Adjunct Instructor Application
If you have a passion for training, we want to hear from you.
The APCO Institute accepts applications year-round from individuals with PSAP experience and a passion for teaching others. If that sounds like you and you meet the following criteria and are interested in becoming an adjunct instructor, please apply here.
APCO Adjunct Instructor Qualifications
- Minimum five years’ experience in public safety communications
- Minimum two years’ experience as a public safety communications trainer/instructor
- Possession of an APCO Institute instructor course certificate OR possession of a state instructor course certificate approved by APCO Institute
- Minimum one year experience as a certified APCO Institute agency instructor
- Letter of recommendation from a former student
- Letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor
- Letter of support from the agency director allowing travel and participation as an APCO Institute adjunct instructor
- Evidence of teaching ability (may be met through submission of a 30-minute video showing the candidate instructing on a communications topic)
- Possession of the APCO Institute certificates required for each student course the adjunct instructor wishes to teach