Adjunct Instructor Application
Do you love to teach? Enjoy traveling? Apply to become an APCO Institute adjunct instructor.
Our adjunct instructor corps is an elite group of public safety communications training professionals who teach APCO Institute courses throughout the United States and online via the Institute's online learning platform.
If you meet the following qualifications and would like to be considered for an adjunct position, simply follow the directions shown below. After we receive your application materials, we'll be in touch with you to schedule a time to meet at APCO 2019 in Baltimore.
If this year's annual conference isn't in your plans, we'd still like to hear from you. Submit your application materials, and we'll arrange a conference call to talk about your experience and interest in becoming an adjunct instructor.
Adjunct Instructor Qualifications
- Minimum of five years' experience in public safety communications
- Minimum of two years' experience as a public safety communications trainer/instructor
- Possession of an APCO Institute instructor course certificate OR possession of a state instructor course certificate approved by the APCO Institute
- Minimum one-year experience as a certified APCO Institute agency instructor
How to Apply
- Complete the adjunct instructor application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Show us your style. Provide us with a thirty-minute video of yourself either teaching a class or making a presentation on camera. Don't worry about the quality of the recording itself. We just want to see your instructional style and passion for teaching.
- Email your application to us. We'll then send you a link to upload your video.
- Watch for an email to confirm the time and date for your interview or conference call.
Questions? Contact us