CALEA Public Safety Communications Accreditation Manager
Recognizing that the success of the accreditation process is dependent upon the skills of the accreditation manager, this online course was developed specifically for the CALEA Public Safety Communications Accreditation Manager. The overall goal of the course is to prepare the Accreditation Manager and others involved in agency accreditation activities to successfully navigate through the CALEA Communications accreditation process. This course features communications examples only and is exclusively for public safety communications personnel.
It is divided into eight weeks of intensive learning with agency-specific research assignments that can be applied to the actual Public Safety Communications Accreditation Program process. The course meets the Standard 5.2.13 CALEA Public Safety Communications Accreditation Manager training requirement. Upon successful completion, a joint certificate from APCO & CALEA will be issued and tracked by APCO.
This course was developed in partnership between the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA®) and the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO).
- Interpreting a CALEA Communications Standard
- Reading and Writing a Directive That Meets Accreditation Compliance
- Identifying and Showing Proof of CALEA Compliance
- Comprehending the Use of PowerDMS for Maintaining Accreditation Files
- Demonstrating a Working Knowledge of the CALEA Communications Programs, Manuals, CALEA Communications Standards, and the Accreditation Process
CDEs Earned: 32
Members and Non-Members