Supported by IBM Watson Analytics
APCO’s next generation criteria-based guidecard software.
As a leader in public safety communications, APCO International has collaborated with IBM in the development of APCO IntelliComm® - a cognitive, criteria-based guidecard system designed for the 21st century public safety telecommunicator.
APCO IntelliComm mirrors current guidecards for EMD, law enforcement and fire and includes the most up-to-date NCMEC and ERG manuals, as well as groundbreaking features to optimize QA efforts in call taking and dispatching. Watson Analytics-based cognitive capabilities include trend analysis, meta-data processing, and the ability to learn and train based on how each agency operates individually, not on how others operate.
Agencies will connect to the IBM Cloud via a proxy server, installed on premise (if required), that uses a secure connection to communicate. As a browser-based solution, updates to the software will be made in the background without impacting equipment or service. No software is installed on the ECC workstations.
Call Transcript Analysis for Optimized QA
- Pinpoint and score missing information for every call
- Review transcripts in correlation with version of guidecard in use at the time the call was made
- Filter call history by date/range and common information fields
Advanced Analytics and Visualization via Watson Analytics
- Leverage agency transcript history and meta-data for advanced analysis insights
- Provide dashboard style reporting that progresses as more data is fed to the system
- Long-term benefit will include providing recommendations to supervisors and leadership based on positive and negative outcomes specific to the agency
Easy Navigation Between EMD, Police and Fire
- Each discipline is always available on screen for immediate access
- No need to "back out" of a screen, simply select the necessary card
- Option to select “Immediate Dispatch” for any call or any discipline, any time
- Running transcript that allows public safety telecommunicators to make notes and share data among all IntelliComm users in the agency, CAD system and mobile data terminals
- Like APCO’s paper guidecards, criteria and text on software-based guidecards can be configured to meet an agency’s specific needs. Core software and functions remain consistent.
- IntelliComm allows flexibility of naming conventions and levels of dispatch
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Compliant
- ISO-27001/27017/27018 data protection certified
- Data is encrypted both in transit and at rest
- Streamlined, secure network-based content management delivered via the IBM Cloud
- Role-based access control
- Delegated security model puts agency in charge
Browser-Based System for Ease of Use
- Proxy server can be physically installed at each agency to provide additional required layers of security
- All stations within the agency always have the most recent version of software
- Modern web browsers supported for HTML5: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari
- Updates do not require any physical installation and there is no downtime for updates or upgrades
24x7x365 Critical Issue Support
- Cloud-based infrastructure provides redundant access points and resilient architecture
Modern, Intuitive User Interface Experience
- Keyboard shortcuts allow you to keep hands on the keyboard and eyes on the screen
- Scalable fonts to address accessibility considerations
- Carry forward logic allows you to answer a question once and the response will automatically appear on additional cards
For more information, contact the APCO Institute at [email protected] or (386) 322-2500.
The APCO IntelliComm service mark and the accompanying design mark are the trademarks of APCO International, Inc. IBM and Watson are registered trademarks of IBM, Inc in the United States and other countries and are used under license. IBM responsibility is limited to IBM products and services and is governed solely by the agreements under which such products and services are provided.