- History and Organization Structure of the Fire Service
- Anatomy of Fires
- Fire Service Apparatus and Terminology
- Role of the Fire Service Telecommunicator
- Information Gathering Techniques, Methods for Receiving Reports
- Fire Dispatch Procedures, Broadcasting
- Mutual Aid and Mutual Response Agreements
- Fire Service Incidents
- National Incident Management System and Incident Command System
- Hazardous Material Incidents
- Terrorism Incidents
The course manual contains numerous photographs and illustrations to bring the course material to life and serves as an excellent reference source once back on the job.
APCO Institute certified instructors who successfully complete this course can upgrade their instructor certificate to teach this dynamic course in-house or regionally for the cost of the course books only!!
Instructional media and exercises used throughout the course reinforce the knowledge attained in lecture and demonstration. If taught by your own APCO Institute certified instructors, it becomes an economical way to train your staff at your own pace.
CDEs Earned: 32
APCO certified FSCs must provide proof every two years of 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE). Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Fire Service Communications, 2nd Ed., Version 1 course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education.
|Contract||3 days||Contact us for pricing||Contact us for pricing|
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Massachusetts Registrants: Registration fees vary, depending of the number of course registrants. Fees will be adjusted at the start of the course, and you will receive a refund or revised invoice if necessary. For more info, contact [email protected].
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.