Crisis situations differ from the daily emergencies that today’s public safety telecommunicators handle. Hostage situations, barricaded subject incidents and suicidal callers, among others, require an advanced level of training for the telecommunicator to handle them successfully. This course will build on the knowledge, skills and abilities inherent in basic telecommunicator training programs to educate the public safety communications professional on the most effective way to receive and process calls involving crisis situations and to ensure they fulfill their role as a vital component of the overall public safety response.
- Overview of a crisis situation
- Hostage situations
- Suicidal subject situations
- Suicide by cop
- Crisis negotiation tools for the telecommunicator
- Skills and characteristics of a successful telecommunicator negotiator
- Crisis related stress management
Perfect for a one-day pre-conference or post-conference course
CDEs Earned: 8
|Contract||1 day||Contact us for pricing||Contact us for pricing|
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Massachusetts Registrants: Registration fees vary, depending of the number of course registrants. Fees will be adjusted at the start of the course, and you will receive a refund or revised invoice if necessary. For more info, contact [email protected].
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.