Prerequisites: Students must have successfully completed a formal, instructor-led 40-hour basic telecommunicator training program.
APCO Institute’s new Communications Training Officer (CTO) 6th Ed. course provides comprehensive training on the roles and responsibilities of CTOs in running an agency’s training program. The course focuses on performance-based training and management and the need for standardized training with documentation.
This CTO 6th Ed. course includes the essential elements of a CTO program based on the industry recognized “San Jose Model” while also incorporating the requirements set by the national standard for CTO programs — APCO ANS 3.101.3-2017 Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Training Officers.
- The Communications Training Officer: Roles and Responsibilities in Performance Management and Training
- CTO Program Building Blocks
- Preparing, Motivating, and Communicating with Trainees
- Training and the Adult Learner
- Documentation in the CTO Program
- Tracking and Evaluating Trainee Performance
- The CTO and the Future of the Workplace
Course resources include templates for the Daily Observation Report (DOR), task list, trainee tracking form, and Standardized Evaluation Guidelines.
CDEs Earned: 24
APCO CTO 6th Ed. certificate-holders are required to recertify every two years. Recertification requires ongoing continuing dispatch education (CDE) from training related to public safety communication. For CTO 6th Ed., the requirement is 12 CDE credits per certificate-year for a total of 24 CDEs at the time of recertification.
|Contract||3 days||Contact us for pricing||Contact us for pricing|
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.