The association selects 25 Hot Products from the 2011 Annual Conference
September 22, 2011, Daytona Beach, FL — The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International has selected 25 Hot Products from a review conducted at the 77th Annual APCO Conference in Philadelphia, Pa.
Every year, exhibiting companies receive an e-mail invitation and application form to submit new products that have been released or substantially revised since the previous conference. New products submitted are anonymously reviewed during the conference. The editor of APCO International's official magazine, Public Safety Communications (PSC), and the review team select the most exciting products to be featured in the Hot Products article in the November issue of PSC.
This year, more than 80 Hot Product entries were submitted by more than 70 companies for the Hot Products Review. The 2011 Hot Products are:
- APSSSentinel, Alert Public Safety Solutions Inc.
- SwitchplusIP Command-Center LT, C4i
- LongHaul ST 700, Carlson
- Datron Scout, Datron World Communications
- VT Dispatch Console, E Technology Systems
- ATLAS P25 Systems Solutions, EFJohnson Technologies
- Officer (Citations Software Suite), Gtechna
- P5500 Portable Radio, Harris Public Safety and Professional Communications
- SilentPartner, KOVA Corp.
- Covert License Plate Frame Antenna with UHF, Mobile Mark
- APX XE Remote Speaker Microphone (RSM), Motorola Solutions
- MP Mobius-NMO Antenna, MP Antenna Ltd.
- Pepro Wireless Controlled Pan & Tilt Directional Antenna Mount, Pioneer Energy Products LLC (DBA Pepro LLC)]
- E-2500 fuel cell system, ReliOn
- RoboLUM – Covert Street Light Camera, RoboVU LLC
- iForce, Rockwell Collins
- Narrowband Booster Limited, Simulcast Solutions LLC
- Mobile 4.6, Spillman Technologies
- Next Generation Stancil Logger, Stancil Solutions
- P25 Dual Band Mobile Radio, Tait Radio Communications
- Rotation Provider Module in VisiCAD, TriTech Software Systems
- VPI EMPOWER 911 (version 5.2), Voice Print International
- Rollervision - focal depth adjustment technology, Xybix Systems Inc.
- ZONE, Watson Dispatch
- MAX 9-1-1 Call-Taking System, Zetron
Lisa C. Williams, APCO's director of events and corporate outreach said, "Hot Products Review is a huge benefit to the show because it reassures us that organizations are working hard to improve the quality and foundation of public safety communications and brings added value to the exhibitors who participate."
More information on the 2011 Hot Products can be found at http://psc.apcointl.org.
About APCO International
APCO International is the world's largest organization of public safety communications professionals. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide—and the welfare of the general public as a whole—by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach. www.apcointl.org